Monday, August 3, 2009

Finally I can update...





I know I left off my blog at Mother's Day...it is now August! Time is really flying by. I have too much to fill in that is important since I am using my blog as my journal. SO I will continue and finish each month...

After Mother's Day I helped with a Ward Activity. I was sustained this month to be a member of the Activities Committee...we had "Its a Small World" and served foods from around the world. The cultural hall was decorated with flags (big ones) from all around the world. Our chairman had a connection with the Oakland Temple pageant and borrowed all the flags they use at the end when the kids march down the isles with them. The pageant is no longer being done so it wasn't hard to use them. It was a great evening...I realized I didn't know too many flags since we all tried to name them all.

Memorial Weekend Bob and I went to Oregon to see my sister, Dottie and her husband Jerry. We just drove our truck. We went half way to Medford Thursday night (Bob got off a little early). It was a gorgeous drive to Portland. They live outside of Portland in Clackamus. We had a GREAT weekend! We all enjoy playing Hand, Knee and Foot. They are the ones who got Bob and I hooked on it and since then we have all our kids playing it too! At first it was Hand and Foot we learned from them and then they learned the triple version of the game. Dottie has two black concert grand Steinways in her Living Room. She had unpacked all her music and found some duets for us to play. We are the only two sisters who play the piano in our family. And we both teach piano lessons! We had more fun and laughs playing the duets. Then I went with her to her church and gave her a lesson on the organ. They have just one Sister in their Ward who plays the organ and she was to move in the summer.
I had brought a piano/organ duet for us to practice that one day we will play at our parents funeral. WE actually ended up playing it for prelude in their Sacrament meeting. I actually played the organ since their organist was sick. When I visited her in Alaska I played for Sacrament meeting too...I see a pattern!

The month ended with us attending a dear friends 60th Birthday/Retirement party. It was for Roy Spiker and he and his wife have moved to Middletown from Fairfield about 8 years ago. It was fun to see familiar faces and to see them again. I have included some pictures...enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment