Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day





I have never had a Mother's Day like this one! It was a great weekend. Bob and
I went camping in our Motor Home. The first time out with the RV. We had to try
it and see how it all worked. Bob's brother Dick and his wife Yvonne went with us.
They took their trailor they just bought. So we had a trial weekend with our rigs.
We went to Woodson Bridge RV Park. It is outside Corning, California and is on the Sacramento River. Our site was shady and on the side of the river bank. Although, it was a steep ledge down to the river...you didn't go down to see the river from our camp sites. The office had a trail down with a dock for boats. It was fun to sit and watch the river flow with fish jumping! We enjoyed playing games (we got them hooked on Hand, Knee and Foot) and the women "beat" the men good!!

We made a list of things we needed and things we forgot! So it was a great break in trip. The best part? RIDING in the MOTOR HOME....I laid on the couch all the way home!!!! THIS IS THE LIFE... (the picture of the bed I am showing because I finished the curtains...the other picture showed the old curtains)

3 comments:

  1. You said, "I have never had a Mother's Day like this one! It was a great weekend."
    That is because you have never spent a Mother's Day away from what makes you a mother; YOUR KIDS! What are you really saying?

    Sounds like you had a great 1st getaway in your RV!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, What a great way to camp and be in the great outdoors - lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. David, I didn't mean it was great away from my kids! Actually I really missed having my children with me...it was just great to "get away" from home. It was VERY weird not being with my kids...but now that you are grown the "girls" need to be waited on and I need to step back....maybe not every year but some times. Maybe you can treat me as a MOM on Saturday and your wife on Sunday!!!

    ReplyDelete