Monday, May 11, 2009

Granddaughter's Blessing




What a beautiful thing to witness when your son blesses his daughter. In this case David's third daughter!! We went to Sacramento on May 3rd (which happens to be a special date for Bob and I...he returned home from his mission on that day...and that was the first time we met in person! It was 36 years ago, to be exact!!) to
attend David's Fast Meeting.
Julie's parents were there along with Christy, Chris,and kids. I was able to make Samantha Grace her blessing dress. I hope I am able to do that for all my Granddaughters. I have made 9 now. I just didn't do Alison's and Kyles's. My mother wanted to buy her first great-granddaughter's dress and Kylee wore Angela's blessing dress. Sounds like I will start on another scrapbook of all the blessing dresses! I have made 3 baptism dresses so far and so I have more down the road with those. These are my favortie things to sew right now.

After the blessing we had a great lunch at David's and of course a fun time visiting.
We have missed just one blessing of our grandchildren. That was Alyssa's, Angela's second daughter. They lived in Texas at that time. But...we made it to her baptism!
We hope we can attend all of those too. This is when being a grandparent is the BEST!

No comments:

Post a Comment